Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby Gus and the Restless Wife

33 Weeks and 2 days along and what to do, what to do!  Now it's "hurry up and wait"...

Our furniture has arrived and the nursery is buzzing with new toys and I have never been more excited than I am right now.  Gus finally has a bed and clothes and toys and everything!  I think to myself about how lucky I am to have a healthy baby boy growing inside Whitney and I am so proud of how well everything has gone.  We are very lucky....

The Game is throwing a Baby Shower for us soon and it feels great to have everyone around us, be it family or friends, care so much.  It energizes us and makes us calm our nerves.

It makes it easier to expect the unexpected.  I see the wholesome smile on my wife's face as she brings in bags of stuffed animals and books that I just know I will read over and over and over.  No matter what Whitney says and how many groans and grunts she makes I can not make myself stop asking if she is OK.  My alarms go off and I want to jump right into 'go mode'.  She is an elegant mess right now.  Happy about the baby, uncomfortable about the pregnancy and restless for some trouble free sleep...

I do my best with her.  I rub her belly and poke at baby Gus.  I think sometimes he hears my voice and tries to reach out.  It's amazing.  I keep rubbing the belly asking him if he wants to come out and play.  Not too much longer.....just have to be patient.

I can do that....

2 comments Click On COMMENTS To Post:

Beth said...

Waiting is one of the hardest parts. And trust me, Whitney's going to have some more uncomfortable groans, but it will all be worth it! Good luck, parenting is the most fun non-paying job I've ever had!

Lucas Shaffer said...

haha! Thanks Beth. We had a class last night and there is just so much stuff to 'worry' about...ugh! Did you have your baby at Doctor's Hospital or Med Center?