Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time to Reflect: I'm going to be a daddy!

I woke up this morning and did my routine and off to work I go. All the while my beautiful wife sleeps in and nurtures our unborn son.

What a feeling!

The idea of having a baby son is completely new to me and who knows what else new awaits this year. As a growing professional, 2008 brought a great feeling of accomplishment. 2009 brought wedding bells and it looks like 2010 will bring the pitter patter of little feet. We both are exhausted but it is worth every minute. The onslaught of online classes and scheduling and baby workshops and classes(x2) are piling and we click through them like champs. I am proud of both of us and know we are building a strong future together.

It is my utmost desire to have a healthy baby and to carry the dual responsibility with Whitney to mold the mind of someone who will look to us for direction. I wonder what I will say when he asks a question I haven't already thought of. Or even better, how will I react when he does something we consider "mildly" wrong and transform into authority roles. My stomach just squeezed tight... lol

In my whirlwind of events in the past year, I have to give credit to my wife. She puts up with my passion and shakes her head up and down when I used words like "scripts" or "twitter" or "social ___(anything)__" to affirm I said something smart. I smile back.

I am going to be a daddy soon! Ever once in a while I get a stirring feeling in my chest and it spins through me and leaves me winded. I am just now learning this is a good thing. :)

2 comments Click On COMMENTS To Post:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy that Whitney married you and can't wait to meet baby Gus.

Love,
Nicole

Lucas Shaffer said...

Thank you Nicole! :)